Backup Mac and PC on same external drive Apple Community
You must back up all of the data to either your PC or MAC internal hard disk drive. Formatting the drive will erase all data. After you have done backing up, connect the Passport drive to your Mac computer.... Pro tip: If you want to use the external drive for both Mac and PC, you can also select "ExFAT". Learn more about the differences between these file systems from this thread . By the way, you can also rename your external drive.
How to use an external hard drive on Mac AND PC + encrypt
While this work space devoid of wires never fails to charm me, I am always peeved when it comes to backing up my data as I have to crouch, use a flashlight and connect my external hard drive to a USB port that I have never successfully plugged in on the first attempt, ever!... Can you tell me how to format an external hard drive for Mac and PC compatibility so that I can easily access or transfer my stuff between the two operating system?" Overview of External Hard Drive Formatting for Mac and PC. As we all know, Mac and Windows use different file systems by default. So, if you frequently use both a PC and a Mac computer and want to share an external drive …
How to free format an external hard drive for Mac and PC
If you know you’re going to use a drive on both Mac and Windows, you should use the exFAT file system, which is compatible with both. But if you didn’t foresee that, you may have formatted your drive with Apple’s HFS Plus, which Windows can’t read by default. In fact, some manufacturers sell “Mac” drives pre-formatted with this Mac-only file system. how to download podcasts on iphone 5c I've got two computers, a Mac (OS X Leopard) and a PC (XP). Each have an external hard drive (USB). They're both on the same network, and I'd like to configure file sharing on them so they can se... Each have an external hard drive (USB).
which portable hard drives work both on mac and pc
2/03/2011 · Best Answer: Ok this is long So you have a PC, a Mac and an external hard drive you want to all play friendly. Well it’s not as easy as it sounds Sure, the USB or Firewire ports are the same on both machines, but the real culprit is file formats. Windows uses either FAT32 or NTFS. Mac OS X uses Mac OS how to connect 2 macbook pro with thunderbolt I have a PC at work and a MAC at home, and I would like to be able to use it on both computer. In reading the manual it shows that you can format the drive to either MAC or PC, but doesn’t show a set up to use it on both system.
How long can it take?
How To Partition An External Hard Drive For PC Usage [Mac]
- Partitioning an external hard drive for M… Apple Community
- How To Partition An External Hard Drive For PC Usage [Mac]
- Hard Drive for Mac and PC Both iMac 2011 High Sierra
- is the G-Tech G-Drive mobile easily compatible with pcs
How To Use Hard Drive On Both Mac And Pc
Possible Duplicate: How can I share an external hard drive between a Mac and a PC? I just received a Seagate 1TB external hard drive. I'd like to be able to use it on both my mac and pc
- You must back up all of the data to either your PC or MAC internal hard disk drive. Formatting the drive will erase all data. After you have done backing up, connect the Passport drive to your Mac computer.
- External hard drive use for Mac and PC Zairxinu Apr 26, 2013, 3:20 PM I got a new 3TB external hard drive (Seagate Backup Plus) and was wondering how to set it up for both Mac and PC?
- Possible Duplicate: How can I share an external hard drive between a Mac and a PC? I just received a Seagate 1TB external hard drive. I'd like to be able to use it on both my mac and pc
- I have a 1 TB external hard drive that I need to be able to use on both Mac and PC computers. Additionally, I need to be able to encrypt it with a password. The issue that I'm having is combining